Are you looking for a compact mower that can take care of your large yard? The market is full of them. However, not all of them can satisfy homeowners’ needs due to certain limitations they may have. Don’t worry, though, as we chose one of the best riding mowers for you – Husqvarna z254. You shouldn’t look for other Husqvarna z254 reviews. After thorough research, here we gathered all the details you should be aware of before making the purchase. Enjoy!
Features of the Husqvarna z254
Strong Briggs and Stratton Engine
When it comes to this type of lawnmowers, engines made by Briggs and Stratton are the absolute leaders. The Husqvarna z254 has a 26 horsepower engine that gives it the necessary strength to go over various grass lengths and long distances.
What makes this engine so powerful is the fact that it utilizes gasoline and has an advanced system for filtrating the air. There are valves that are chrome plated and a huge fan for cooling the whole machine down and making sure that its efficiency is maximized.
Have in mind that even though the whole system is complex, the engine isn’t loud at all, enabling it to work quietly and seamlessly.
A very important aspect of the utilization of the mower is the design of the seat. In order to reach the wanted results, you should feel comfortable while driving and controlling the machine.
This seat is made for that. It has a high back and springs for adjusting your position more easily. Not to mention that the area for resting your feet isn’t made slippery in order to evade any unwanted and dangerous falls. To accompany that, there are numerous accessible controls that are placed in the lap area so that you can reach them and utilize them to operate the machine at once.
It’s worth noting that this Husqvarna model can go with a maximum speed of 6.5 mph forward and 3.5 mph backward. This is possible thanks to the hydrostatic transmission that works without any maintenance. That way, your responsibilities related to the machine are reduced.
Aside from this, the transmission system is the main reason for the existence of the zero-turn radius.
Zero Turn Radius
In terms of efficiency, this mower completes the task at hand no matter the condition and the length of your yard. Since it has a radius of zero, you can mow in multiple directions, covering all parts of the space.
Because of this, Husqvarna z254 is more mobile than the others and can be maneuvered quite easily.
Sturdy Cutting Deck
The blades inside the mower are susceptible to damage and wearing off, which is why this model is equipped with a durable and strong cutting deck. Thanks to it, the blades can handle more difficult tasks without any issues.
More precisely, the cutting deck is 54 inches long and is steel-clad in order to ensure its durability. What’s more, it gives the whole mower strength and makes it last longer.
There are many things that make this mower a pleasure to utilize such as:
- User-friendly controls
- Enhanced strength thanks to the 26 horsepower engine
- Transmission that doesn’t require maintenance
- LED lights
- Anti-scalp rollers for maximizing the efficiency of the mowing process
- Advanced filtration of the air in the engine
- Springs in the deck for increased comfort
- The zero-turn radius that contributes to fast and successful trimming on long distances
- Choke system that’s automatic and can start the machine instantly
- Durability and increased strength
- Cutting deck’s top that’s easily accessible
- Huge fan for cooling the mower down and keeping it healthy and durable
Even though they aren’t serious, there are a few downsides you shouldn’t overlook:
- Some people that own this model have reported that they have troubles regarding the cutting deck. Due to the increased amount of grass and ground, it can usually require maintenance. However, note that debris and dirt caused by the cut grass are a normal thing during the mowing. The bigger the terrain, the more frequent they’ll be. A real issue is if the deck gets broken in the process, which indicates that the whole machine is malfunctioning. The warranty should cover this, so make sure you read through it carefully. Even if the warranty period has ended, you should contact Husqvarna and ask for a solution.
- When you use Husqvarna z254 on sharper and steeper slopes, you can’t cut in a horizontal direction. This model simply isn’t made for that. This is mainly because most homeowners don’t really have such slopes in their yards. But in case you have some, make sure you turn to a model that’s designed specifically to handle them.
FAQ to Have in Mind
1. How high can the mower cut?
Answer: The minimum cutting height of this model is 1.5 inches and the maximum height it can reach is 4 inches. When it comes to the width, it cuts 46 inches.
2. Can the deck be raised and lowered easily?
Answer: Yes, thanks to the lever located on the left side, you can easily raise and lower the deck. Moreover, it has six positions, making it simple to operate.
3. Is this model suitable for commercial or residential purposes?
Answer: Actually, it can be utilized in both cases. However, it’s more efficient for residential use. Even if your yard isn’t perfectly even, it takes care of terrain with mounds and low spots, as well.
Let’s Watch a video review!
All in all, Husqvarna z254 is a suitable model especially for people that own large yards and want to mow them quickly yet efficiently. Some of the features that really stand out are the powerful engine, the cutting deck that’s very accessible and of course the zero-turn radius for cutting longer distances. Considering everything it has to offer, the price is very affordable, too. So, go check it out. We hope we helped you make your final decision!